Java Software Developer
LOCATION: Sydney, Australia. (Permanent, full time position).
Othera is an innovative Sydney fintech, aggressively scaling up to take on the the global finance industry with substantial backing. We are seeking ambitious java developers to build out its enterprise blockchain asset exchange.
- You will be responsible for applying the right tools from the full set of the leading edge technologies
- Your decisions and code will solve new challenging problems that will have a big impact
- You will become a key part of a nimble exciting team creating financial innovation.
- Excellent Java 8 knowledge
- Worked with Spring Boot, the wider Spring eco-system, or alternatives such as Lightbend.
- Microservice architectures
- Designed and implemented RESTful APIs
- Follows domain driven design
- Full time role based in the Sydney office. Must have full Australian working visa.\
- Hacked on open source projects
- Explored blockchain technologies
- Worked with containers such as Docker and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
- Worked with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- We expect you to follow agile development best practices (CI/CD/TDD)
- Super keen to work with blockchain technology, especially Ethereum.
We are looking for a developer who can demonstrate a blend of independence, team collaboration and a comfort with taking risks.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Solve problems – You will bring such clarity to problems, that the solutions become obvious.
- Innovate – Your technical innovations will enable what no one else has done before.
- Initiative – You don’t need someone to tell you what to do each day, because you can see what needs to be done and do it.
- Teamwork – You will make the team better, as you guide others to solutions and learn from the best.
- Deliver – Results are what matters, it’ll be up to make them happen.
Who are we? Where are we?
Othera provides lenders, organisations and investors with blockchain investment solutions and tools for managing credit risk, debt and assets. Not only is Othera creating a new type of financial, tradeable asset on the blockchain, we’re also helping other organisations utilise this technology via our platform. Working with Othera gives you the opportunity to work full time with this emerging technology, and be at the leading edge of it.
Our office is right by World Square, with great views of the city, plenty of space and natural light. Museum is the closest station and Hyde park is walking distance if you need some sun. We’ve found the best coffee haunts and we will happily debate the pros and cons of the options that are available on your first day!
Take the chance to jointly realize a global impact in the financial world. Typically, you get this entrepreneurial, green-field situation only as part of the founding team of a startup, without salary. At Othera you get a fair market salary, including superannuation contributions and participation in our performance-based share option plan. This is an incredible opportunity to work with passionate peers on interesting technical and business challenges.
How to apply?
Send us your LinkedIn profile or CV, GitHub account or project you are proud of. Applications accepted through Linkedin